The MedEdTech community recognizes a need to collaborate on determining priorities and developing standards for the systems supporting medical education. Coming together to create a set of unified needs will facilitate increasing interoperability between systems and strengthen any grassroots effort to effect change. For more information on META goals see our blog post.
CRIME is hosting an in-person inaugural working group meeting Thu-Fri July 20-21 at Stanford Medicine.
Preliminary Agenda (Subject to Change)
|Thu. 7/20||8:00am||Networking breakfast|
|9:00am||Welcome: review of schools in attendance, context setting|
|9:15am||Keynote: Valerie Smothers, MedBiquitous|
|10:15am||School lightning talks (7 minutes each, see template here)||Updates to CRIME Catalog|
|11:30am||Working session: defining META vision and mission statements||Vision Statement and Mission Statement|
A seven minute walk from the meeting room.
|2:00pm||Working session: setting META strategic objectives||Strategic Plan with Timeline|
|5:00pm||break for the day|
|6:30pm||Dinner social at Trellis Restaurant|
|9:00am||Working groups: From strategic objective to tactics to action plan||Action Plan for each Strategic Objective with Assigned Tasks and Proposed Timeline|
|11:00am||Working groups: action plan presentations and discussion|
- UC Irvine
- Stanford Medicine
- UC San Francisco
- University of Washington
- University of Michigan
- Augusta University
- Queen’s University
The meeting will be held at:
Seminar Room 0500
1651 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
It’s a short walk from the meeting room to Thursday’s Lunch-N-Play – please wear appropriate shoes.
The weather is forecasted partly cloudy with a high of 78°F.
During the meeting we will be sharing documents and notes via the CRIME Slack Team. Please make sure you have joined.
If you would like to share META updates via social media please use the hashtag #meta2017
Upon arrival at 1651 Page Mill Road, go through the front doors, take the stairs down to the lower level (the security guard might ask what event you are there for), and then follow the signs down the hall to the seminar room.
Nearby airports include:
- Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) – ~35 minutes from Stanford
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) – ~35 minutes from Stanford
- Oakland International Airport (OAK) – ~60 minutes from Stanford
The recommended hotel is the Stanford Guest House. Currently they are fully booked for the nights of the 19th and the 20th – but they actively maintain a waitlist and cancellations are common. We recommend that you call and ask to be put on the wait list.
To make your reservation please use the group code CRIME17 and call the front desk at 650-862-9066 or book online here.
Rates include complimentary breakfast, wifi, and parking:
- Standard Room (one queen) – $155/night (taxes included)
- Deluxe Room (two queens) – $195/night (taxes included)
The Cardinal Hotel is a beautifully restored classic with basic accommodations. There is no A/C and some rooms share bathrooms located down the hall. This being said, the rooms are clean and newly renovated, the location simply can’t be beat and there’s free WiFi.
To make your reservation please book online here or use the group code CRIME17 and call 650-323-5101.
This block of rooms will be held until July 12.
- Room with shared bath – $139
- Room with private bath – $249
The Creekside Inn was recommended as an alternative by the Stanford Guest House. Their rates are significantly higher ($369 for a queen room and $469 for an executive king room) and they don’t offer group rates so I didn’t bother to reserve a block. You can call 650-493-2411 to make your reservation.
Getting Around the Stanford Area
- Ubers and Lyfts are plentiful around Stanford.
- If you have rented a car, parking is free and plentiful at the meeting location.
- For those at the Stanford Guest House – I have reserved the free guest house shuttle leaving at 8am on both Fri. and Sat. mornings. If you’d like to request the shuttle for your return, please call 650-926-2800 30 minutes in advance of your desired pick-up time.
- For those at the Cardinal Hotel, you can take the free Stanford Marguerite RP line shuttle from the Palo Alto transit center (take the pedestrian tunnel under the train tracks) to any Porter Drive stop. Here’s the Marguerite shuttle system map. Here’s the RP line schedule. Here’s the live Marguerite map.
- It’s a short walk from the meeting room to Thursday’s Lunch-N-Play – please wear appropriate shoes.
- The weather is forecasted partly cloudy with a high of 78°F
Join Our Mailing List
If you are interested in being a part of the META conversations please sign up for our communication list.